So my friend Erin was posting about all the great shows she remembers from when she was a kid and it totally made me laugh. My kids watch this show and it is totally reminiscent of things I would see when I was younger. I am sure it is the show they will remember when they are adults. I'll warn you in advance that it is really strange. The music is really upbeat and always gets the kids dancing though. We totally sing this song to get Pyper to eat new things and she loves it.
It also has crazy celebrity guests like Elijah Wood teaching kids how to do the "puppetmaster" dance. Just to give you a little preview. Here are the opening credits.
I am sure that all you other parents don't let your children watch this. There is nothing really educational about it. I'll admit that it is totally bizarre and out there, but so was some of the stuff I watched as a kid. It is one of the few shows that I can stand to watch with my kids. Most of the time. :)
Owed to Lennon
14 years ago

8 comments:
What I love about Yo Gabba Gabba are the outfits the kids on there where. I remember having those funky bright colored clothes as a kid. Luckilly Meghan is all abour bright glittery and crafty retro stuff so I have fun dressing her.
WOW. It's amazing what keeps the attention of children....and that we, as parents, get hooked, too!
Is this a cable show? I miss a lot with public TV! I have no qualms about uneducational TV. As long as Gage is quiet I'm happy...no mom awards here!
I'm with you and Jess - happy kids watching tv makes happy mom doing everything else neccesary to running a household! I've never heard of this one though - I am a video junkie!
I saw Eason watching this one day and it was like a train wreck... I couldn't take my eyes off of it! I love totally wacky kid's shows!
o.k., I've never seen the show before because we are to "po'" to afford cable, and I loved the party in my tummy song so much I typed in yo gabba gabba in my search engine....and it pulled up their my space account, and guess who was one of their 11520 or so friends....if you guessed Leslie and the Ly's you are correct. She was right there wearing her glorious sweaters, right next to the aquabats and goon holler...so I laughed and thought that was pretty funny!
Yes Leslie is one of their friends and was a special guest to show the kids a dance. It was so funny. Any show that has Leslie as a guest has to be awesome.
We need to check this out! :)
Post a Comment