Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter



We took the kids with my mom to Thanksgiving Point's Easter egg hunt on Saturday. My mom had bought the tickets in advance. It was $8 for kids and $3 for adults. We got there about an hour before it started because there was a carnival before hand. It was freezing cold and the carnival was very poorly organized and chaotic, but the worst part of all was the egg hunt. They had all the kids line up around a field. They had the children go by age group and Pyper was in the first group of 0 to 3 year olds.

The MC announced to remember that this hunt was just for children so as soon as they blew the whistle to go, I gave Pyper a little push and told her to go for it. She was immediately surrounded by a mob of stampeding adults and she started to panic. It took me about 5 seconds to get to her and I held her hand to help her across the field but there was not one egg left. Pyper was heartbroken. We saw many adults with baskets full of eggs coming off the field and many children without anything.

Needless to say we did not stay for the next age group. We basically paid $25 bucks for a couple of cheap plastic rings from the fish pond and the ring toss. I was totally disgusted. As we were leaving London said "I thought you said this would be fun and it just wasn't." Couldn't have said it better myself.


We did have a very good Easter despite our experiences at Thanksgiving Point. The kids got to go on hunts at both of their grandma's houses and they sang in church. (Thanks to Ryan for the church pics!)


Here they are in their cute Easter outfits.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Bummer on the egg hunt! My mom took us to one of those when I was little and it was pretty much the same experience - which is why Grandma Colleen started her own in her backyard! Your kids looked so darling - such cute little things you have!

Jess said...

I'm disgusted just reading about the egg hunt. I swear it is times like those that I wish I was really gutsy and knocked an adult down for their eggs and give em to Pyper! Okay, that was a little trip to a place I call fantasy land.

Jess

Andrea said...

You have the cutest pixie kids.