I love Valentine's Day. I love all the flowers and pink and red hearts. I love making sugar cookies with my kids. I most of all love all the valentine candy (conversation hearts are my favorite). My husband on the other hand, is not a big fan of the day. He thinks it is just a ploy to get you to buy flowers and candy and other useless stuff. That said, he always goes all out to let me know how much he loves me. He is the best. We have almost been married eight years now and it has been incredible! Here is a picture of us 8 years ago on our wedding day. Aren't we so young and skinny. I can't believe how time has flown now that we are a family of five!
I also love Valentine's Day because it is the day we got to bring London home from the hospital 5 years ago. Here she is on her first night home. The binky is almost as big as her face and her clothes were way too big. We were so excited to have her home. What a great Valentine's gift that was. Today she was having a Valentines party at preschool and wanted her dad to do her hair in the shape of a heart. He is pretty good at doing hair, but not quite that good so she had to be satisfied with a flower clip. (I know you would never guess that she had hair based on her first pictures.) Hope you all have a great V-day!!
Owed to Lennon
14 years ago

4 comments:
Wow, you guys look young! I bet you don't feel much different now! I can't believe how tiny London was! I remember when you were going through all that.... what a miracle you have been given!!!
I love your pictures! London is such a sweetheart, it is fitting she was brought home on Valentine's day!
What a beautiful wedding picture - your girls look JUST like you! Especially Pyper. I, too, am a BIG fan of Valentine's day. I dress in pink or red for an entire week before and an entire week after the holiday. It is one of those wonderful times when my two favorite colors can be worn together and it is not considered a fashion faux pas. Plus the hearts are darling, the flowers are wonderful, and the boys get dressed up in pink! And how could you not love that?
Shantel,
Wow I've never seen Kevin look so nice! When I think of "Kev" I remember t-shirts and an orange old navy hat (I have the same one.) So give him a shout out from the Machens! You guys look really nice. I don't think I'll ever see Shawn look as nice as he did on our wedding day...but then again I'm sure he'll say the same thing about me!
Have a great day
Camille
Post a Comment