Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm officially old.


I have realized over the past few months that I am officially old.  Just a few examples...

My new hobby is crocheting.  How grandma is that?  In the past few months I have made all the kids owl hats, along with booties, a purse, headbands.  It is getting extreme.

I listen to Dave Ramsey everyday.  I now speak Dave and can tell you all of the baby steps and have started my debt snowball.  I have become kind of a fanatic.

My favorite music right now is an all hymn album.  It is called "Nearer" and it is really good.  I also have been listened to "The Bird and the Bee" a lot.   My friend gave me the song "Heard it on the Radio" and I became obsessed.  It reminded me of being a kid and just driving around in the summer with my mom.  I got the whole album and wouldn't you know it is a tribute album for Hall and Oates (songwriters form the seventies and eighties).  It was like going back in time.  I can remember hearing all these songs as a child. I must have listened to it a little too much though because now Asher goes around singing "I loved you like mad" all day and every time we get in the car we have to listen to it.  Hopefully he will have good music memories when he gets old too.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Now when you start handing out crisp dollar bills in birthday cards and signing them Granny Shanny....oh, wait.....

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Those owl hats are the most darling things I've seen in a while. I would pay good money for you to make me one. :) LOVE.

Also, Dave Ramsey is amazing.

Camille said...

I love your owl hats! Am I old too if I choose to listen to the MoTab instead of the Violent Femmes? Oh and I'm coloring my hair for the first time next week because of gray hairs. That's depressing.
-Camille

Shantell said...

I would love to make an owl hat for anyone who wants one. Here are the sizes and prices. Just let me know your colors and if I can find them, I will make it.

0-3 months $15
3-12 months $18
1-3 yrs $21
Child or Adult $25
Thanks!

Chrystal said...

Shan, if you're old, that means I'm old too, and I'm NOT OLD! I refuse to think I'm old, even though my next b-day is coming up, and you just had yours last month (happy belated). Mel and Amber will probably agree with me, otherwise they'll be old too. LOL However, we did always call you "Granny Shanny" so...hmmm... just kidding. You're not old for listening to Dave Ramsey, just smart. The guys is freaking genius. If we had all listened to him when we were 20, none of us would be in the debt boats we're in now, and wouldn't have to worry about our debt snowballs. Where were the envelopes when we needed them?! Hobbies like crocheting just mean you've developed patience for tedious things. And the music you listen to just means you're more in touch with the side of you that doesn't care about being cool or what's "in" or "out," and that can just enjoy being you. That doesn't make you old--it means you are comfortable in your own skin. :)

Anonymous said...

Dave Ramsey is the MAN! Ryan and I are proud graduates of his Financial Peace University and let me tell you, he CHANGED our lives forever! So just know, you aren't alone :)