Friday, September 11, 2009

Spelling Bee

So today I set off the alarm at my house. Asher was being a slow poke. I of course didn't dare leave him on the porch while I ran in to stop the alarm and so it went off and called the alarm company. I was hectically trying to round up the kids and put Asher down for his nap when they called me to ask if I needed emergency assistance and then asked for my password. I told them, and then they asked me to spell it. I did, they thanked me and hung up. Well apparently I misspelled our password so they called my husband at work to tell him that his wife had spelled the password incorrectly and they had called the police. Are you kidding me? I didn't know I was in a spelling bee and the wrong answer could end with the police on my door step. Guess I better start practicing up or maybe we could change our word to one easier to spell. Anyone want to help me make flash cards?

2 comments:

Camille said...

why didn't they just call you back to tell you that you mispelled the word? So how did you explain yourself to the cop?

Jen said...

Wow! What a day...you poor thing!